legendary giant killer
The legendary Silver Tonearm possesses a superb blend of performance attributes which make it a truly great all-round performer. It's inherent musicality allows it to excel in all aspects of music to produce great dynamics, natural tonal balance, tr...
The Silver arm is now in MK3A form, having undergone significant upgrading since its introduction in 2002. When first launched the arm received widespread acclaim for outperforming high end arms but at a fraction of the cost.
The Silver possesses a superb blend of performance attributes which make it a truly great all round performer, It's inherent musicality allows it excels in all aspects of music to produce great dynamics, natural tonal balance, transparency and a host of other virtues. Unlike many arms, this arm does not have any obvious weaknesses.
Features of Silver Tonearm
• High grade aircraft alloy tube with special rear stub for improved counterweight rigidity. The sound produced is free from coloration allowing previously unheard low level information to be noticed clearly. This also enables the arm to exhibit a clean dynamic sound coupled with a tight and powerful bass.
• Well specified and highly robust bearings. These bearings are housed in an advanced yoke which includes highly developed decoupling techniques. These result in an incredibly transparent arm with superb tonal balance.
• High grade Internal Litz wire and upgrade external cable with high conductivity RCA plugs to fit into your amplification.
• Integral VTA adjustment.
• Easy to fit - The threaded base mounting makes the arm easy to fit to any armboard designed for Rega arms as it is a drop in replacement for ALL versions of Rega arm whether threaded base or 3 point mounting. There is also an Origin Live SME adaptor which means the arm can be fitted to any armboard for SME arms. Predrilled armboards are also available for the Linn LP12. Click the options tab at top of this page to order any of these armboards.
"It's incredibly smooth, natural, organic (unlike the frigid SME and the Ekos with its poor tonal colouring), and just cuts to the quick. I could go on for ever about its new levels of insight, its incredible liquidity, its amazing grip, its stunning low level detail and resolution, but I won't. Suffice to say that - on balance
- this is probably the best tonearm in the world right now, and the £599 price tag is laughably low. The Silver (MK1) is...the very best tonearm I've ever heard… awsomely tight bottom end...the midband - glass clear, incredibly liquid, fantastic image precision, walkaround soundstaging and incredible timbral realism...the treble is shockingly open and airy up top...words can’t express how good this is - one of the designs of the decade."
- HiFi World full review
- Stereo Times full review
"There may be better value propositions around to upgrade your system but if there is I haven’t heard them ....A fantastic product then from Origin Live and this particular audiophiles dream review tool."
- TNT Audio full review