Listening tests showed that metal springs and sub-chassis limit the sonic possibilities of our subchassis turntable classic Perspective. With the 6perspeX we cut our own path: The sub-chassis is made out of ´Corean´ which shows no resonances at all a...
Listening tests showed that metal springs and sub-chassis limit the sonic possibilities of our subchassis turntable classic Perspective. With the 6perspeX we cut our own path: The sub-chassis is made out of ´Corean´ which shows no resonances at all and this assembly is supported by magnetic power instead of metal springs providing excellent decoupling. The result was phenomenal, so we decided to combine this ultimate turntable design with our new High-End tone-arm Pro-Ject ´9cc Evolution´. As a conclusion, the revolutionary decoupling concept and the mechanical tone-arm masterpiece show outstanding abilities in fi ne dynamics and push the limits of analogue audio one step further.
• The transparent acrylic plinth stands on three individually height-adjustable Sorbothane®-damped aluminium cones and carries the motor and the sub-chassis. The sub-chassis, made of Corian, rests on tree magnetic fields. A supplied spirit level allows easy adjustment of the sub-chassis.
• A quiet running AC motor with a two-step pulley drives the platter's outside edge via a belt.
• The inverted bearing uses a stainless-steel axle carrying a ceramic ball on which the ceramic bearing plate runs.
• The resonance-optimised platter is a sandwich construction utilising a fine-balanced medium density fibre platter weighing 2Kg and a 4mm thick flat-ground layer of vinyl and a screw-down metal record clamp.
• Connection to the phono input of the amplifier can be made with connecting cables of your taste through the gold plated phono sockets and earth screw. A standard cable is provided.
• External power supply avoids potential electro-mechanical interference.
Tonearm 9cc Evolution
• The headshell and armtube are fashioned from a single piece of carbon-fibre.
• Conical armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
• Inverted tonearm bearing comprises four hardened stainless tips in ABEC7 spec ballraces.
• Rings provide very solid arm bearing housings. The massive outside ring is open to avoid resonances.
• Sorbothane®-damped counterweight effectively counteracts unwanted resonances.
• The counterweights supplied are suitable for cartridges weighing between 5 - 7,5g, 7 - 10g, 9 - 11g or 10 - 14g
• Counterweight shaft lowered to record level reduces cantilever forces and dynamic wow when playing warped records.
• Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
• Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
• Silicone-damped armlift can be adjusted to suit working height of the arm.
• The internal wiring consists of flexible high-purity copper from the headshell right through to the gold-plated phono sockets.
• High quality connection cable Pro-Ject Connect it Phono RCA-C supplied (123cm)
• Dust cover included
Cartridge: not included
Drive Principle: Belt drive
Platter: fibre platter with 4mm vinyl top layer )2kg'
Bearing: inverted stainless steel axle with ceramic ball
Wow & Flutter: ±0,06 %
Speed drift: ±0,5 %
Signal to Noise: -73dB
Tonearm: Tonearm 9cc Evolution
Effective arm length: 9 " (230mm)
Effective arm mass: 8g
Tracking force: 10 - 35mN