Top 2000 - The 80's focuses on all the music from he list which saw the light in this fantastic decade. The 1980s saw the emergence of dance music and new wave, but also glam metal, thrash metal, hip-hop, and R&B.
- The hits from Dutch Radio 2 Top 2000 list, this 80's edition features songs by Soft Cell, Black, Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, Simple Minds, The Jam, Clannad & Bono, Level 42, The Human League, RUN-D.M.C. & Aerosmith, UB40 & Chrissie Hynde, Tears For Fears and many more songs
Side A1. Queen - I Want To Break Free
2. Soft Cell - Tainted Love
3. Elton John - I'm Still Standing
4. Black - Wonderful Life
5. Split Enz - Message To My Girl
6. Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - Joan Of Arc (Maid Of Orleans)
7. Paul Young - Love Of The Common People
Side B1. Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
2. Simple Minds - Waterfront
3. Propaganda - Duel (Eye To Eye)
4. The Nits - In The Dutch Mountains
5. The Jam - Town Called Malice
6. The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go
7. Roxy Music - Avalon
Side C1. Men At Work - Down Under
2. Joe Jackson - Real Men
3. Clannad & Bono - In A Lifetime
4. Diesel - Sausalito Summernight
5. Level 42 - Lessons In Love
6. The Human League - Don't You Want Me
7. Run-D.M.C. featuring Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Side D1. Rush - The Spirit Of Radio
2. Alides Hidding - Hollywood Seven
3. UB40 featuring Chrissie Hynde - I Got You Babe
4. Lionel Richie - All Night Long (All Night)
5. Tears For Fears featuring Oleta Adams - Woman In Chains
6. Gary Moore & Phil Lynott - Out In The Fields
The Radio 2 Top 2000 is the largest annual radio event in The Netherlands. The audience of Radio gets to vote for their favorite all-time songs. These literally millions of votes come together in the Top 2000, All these 2000 songs are broadcasted back to back from Christmas until a few minutes before New Years Eve, when they air the No.1 of the chart.
Top 2000 - The 80's focuses on all the music from he list which saw the light in this fantastic decade. The 1980s saw the emergence of dance music and new wave, but also glam metal, thrash metal, hip-hop, and R&B. This album includes classics by Queen, Simple Minds, The Clash, Run-D.M.C., Level 42, Rush, and Elton John.
The Top 2000 bridges the gaps between all musical generation from the Sixties to the present, making it the most eclectic chart out there, and keeping more that half of the country glued to their radio day and night for the whole week it's broadcasted. And with a daily tv spin-off during its broadcast, it has reached an even bigger audience.